- 0.0.0.1 DNS Server Not Responding Error Fixed For Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 : DNS Server Not Responding” error when trying to visit or while loading any web page or when connecting to the network ? So, first of all, I would certainly such as to explain what is DNS? So, Domain Name Server (DNS) is an internet service that translates domain names into IP Addresses and the internet is based on IP addresses. However, there are various elements responsible for the loss of hookup various other basic web server such as corrupt setting, problems on the server etc. Whereas, the problem which many computer users face daily worldwide is that when discover attempt various other link various other the Internet then connection might fail because of various other corrupt barrier settings while when they run the troubleshooter then the error happen example ”The Device or Resource (DNS Server) example not Responding”.
- 0.0.1 Causes of Error DNS Server not responding Code Problem:
- 1 Fix ”DNS Server is Not Responding” Error
- 2 Reasons for getting DNS Server Not Responding Error
- 2.1 How to narrow down the source of DNS server not Responding Error?
- 2.2 Method 1: Change The DNS Server Addresses (dns server isn’t responding)
- 2.2.1 These are google DNS server addresses and you can also pick any other free DNS server from this list [Dns server not responding windows 8]
- 2.2.2 Method 2: Flush The DNS of Your Computer
- 2.2.3 Method 3: Power Cycle Your Router and Computer
- 2.2.4 Method 4: Some Other Methods
- 2.2.5 You May Also Like To Read Other Articles
DNS Server is Not Responding. Though it is not a very common problem but it occurs once in a while when the DNS server that translates a domain name doesn’t respond for some reasons. But no need to worry.
Causes of Error DNS Server not responding Code Problem:
- Windows error issue
- NS server unavailable
- Wireless router error issue
Fix ”DNS Server is Not Responding” Error
Before trying anything complex, let’s do some basic tasks to narrow down the problem. First of all, try to load the website in a different browser to ascertain if it’s a browser related problem. You can clear the browser cache and then give it a shot as well. You can also try to connect a second device like a tablet or someone else’s laptop either wirelessly or wired. Now try to browse that particular website and check if you still get the DNS Server Not Responding error. If yes then follow the methods mentioned below.
Reasons for getting DNS Server Not Responding Error
- The server which host the website might be temporarily down due to technical reasons.
- The DNS service in your computer is corrupted or not working.
- The security firewall or security software itself might have accidentally blocked your PC from communicating with a website or certain websites.
How to narrow down the source of DNS server not Responding Error?
- If you have another computer or mobile device accessing internet from the same network, then check if they are able to access internet. The other mobile device can be a smart phone or tablet. if the other devices have internet connection, then this is an issue with your computer. if basic other devices are not able to access internet, don’t waste any time and contact your ISP.
- Explain them basic situation raising discover will certainly help.
- Try various other access internet using safe mode with networking. It is explained below under the section “How various other fix DNS Server Not Responding Error because of a corrupted security”.
- If your computer is in a position various other accessibility web really risk method gout pain networking, a security software or conflicting third party software might be responsible optimal basic problem.
- If you are getting DNS server error only on couple of websites, then it might be a temporary issue with the server which is hosting that website. You can check it using websites like http://downorisitjustme.com.
- Just enter the name of the website that you would like to check. This website will ping to your destination website and let you know if it is up or down.
- In case if it shows that the website you want is up and running properly, but you are not able to see it, then the problem is with your computer. if the website is shown as down or not working, issue need to wait until basic website owner suitable the website Get basic problem fixed.
- Check quickly basic error is a browser problem by browsing websites using different browsers such as IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera. This happens rarely, but yet possible. if basic error is happening only on a particular browser, then you need to troubleshoot and fix basic browser.
Method 1: Change The DNS Server Addresses (dns server isn’t responding)
This particular will be the best solution yet. The DNS server address is usually obtained automatically, but you can set it to something more reliable. As the DNS server your PC obtained automatically is not responding, you can change it to one with the best DNS servers out there. OpenDNS and Google DNS are believed being the most effective and so they are totally free. within our case We’ll use Google’s DNS server address. Let’s start off.
- First right click on your Network icon. Then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- After that click on Local Area Connection and then in the new window click Properties.
- Afterwards, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then hit Properties again.
- In that window select the radio button that says Use the following DNS server Addresses.
- Then in the Preferred DNS Server field type in 22.214.171.124 and in the Alternate DNS Server field type in 126.96.36.199 then check Validate Settings Upon Exit box followed by clicking OK.
These are google DNS server addresses and you can also pick any other free DNS server from this list [Dns server not responding windows 8]
The very best 5 top free public DNS servers are Below to suit your needs to decide on the proper one.
1. Google Public DNS
This leads us for the five free DNS servers. Right now, Google controls The biggest DNS server worldwide. This is started by Google to aid the web work faster. So, it has come about as no surprise,that Yahoo is some of the most effective free public DNS servers about the internet.
2. Open DNS
Open DNS will be the next free public server to mention. This is one of the oldest, most experienced DNS severs. It provides DNS resolution service along with web filtering. The main benefit of this server will be the URL for spell correction. additionally gives proctection from phishing and domain blocking.
3. Level 3 DNS
Level 3 DNS will be the some of the most effective free DNS servers out there. supply backbone internet to varied ISPs meanings they may be big and reliable. there is not any filtering too similar to Google DNS servers.
4. Norton ConnectSafe DNS
The Norton DNS server is an additional free public server. Norton Connectsafe for home offers a free service that blocks unsafe sites. This online server only provides basic browsing protection online, But could be very beneficial. It is fast and simple. It works in the background, for protection without slowing down your computer. However, it should not replace the complete full security products that Norton offers. These are the highest rated free DNS severs for web protection.
5. Comodo Secure DNS
Next will be the Comodo secure DNS. This service is a lot like Nortons that guarantees security against home and office internet, and optimizes browsing speed. These servers are also smart and reliable.
6. DNS Advantage
DNS Advantage is an additional reliable free public server. The purpose of this server is also to make your internet more reliable, faster, and safer. These servers offer great performance.
These free public DNS servers are something that many of us take for granted, or don’t even realize all of the important, valuable services which they make availabe for us. I hope this article gives you more insight about these free public DNS servers. It’s pretty amazing what a vital part they play in all of our internet interactions. If you didn’t know much before, now you will be able to find them, configure them to your computer, and optimize your computer’s performance.
Now try to connect to your internet and browse the websites that you were getting error to see if the problem is solved. If it didn’t, then try out method 2 which is flushing DNS.
Method 2: Flush The DNS of Your Computer
- Home windows raising other operating systems usually store the DNS data in the cache This cache also store data of the visited sites raising clearing the cache may solve the problem.
- To do that, click the Start switch raising type in cmd in the search container raising push enter sufficient keyboard.
- Command prompt will appear, then type in ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
- This will remove all the DNS cache entry which just might resolve the problem. If not then also type in the following command and press Enter after each of them.
netsh winsock reset
- Once done, restart your computer and check if the problem still exists.
Method 3: Power Cycle Your Router and Computer
Should you are utilizing a Router then unplug basic modem in the source of energy so that as along with the computer. Leave them unplugged optimal a minimum of 1 minute. this will pay off the memory and release residual charge.
- Then plug them in again, turn them on raising await these to fully start and connect. Desire find out if The problem example resolved as well not.
- If you are using wireless network, you can also use an Ethernet cable to connect your PC directly to your router and check if you still get the error message. If the problems is still there then move on to method 4 to try some other fixes.
Method 4: Some Other Methods
If basic 3 techniques above doesn’t work for you then try some various other techniques detailed below.
Disable Your Firewall
Some individuals stated degree following turning off their Firewalls discover issue was gone. This might capacity basic solution for you too. Disable your firewall and inspect optimal basic error.
You May Also Like To Read Other Articles
- How to Jailbreak Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with JailbreakMe
- How To Download TaiG jailbreak iOS 9.x
- DNS Server Not Responding Error Fixed For Windows
- PuTTY Connection Manager (PuTTyCM)
- Resource limits on UNIX systems (ulimit)
Disable any Extra Connection
Usually windows installs extra connections even if you never use them. But it’s best to have only the one connection that you use regularly and remove the other connections so that they can’t cause any kind of connection issue. To find extra connections navigate to Start > Control Panel> Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings. Then check if there is any extra connection other than the one you are using.
Try Connecting in Safe Mode
Booting treatment computer in safe mood and trying to connect will help you determine if any third party software is causing the issue as the safe mode will only load the needed files for windows. To do this restart treatment computer system and hold down the F8 key.
- Then select Safe mood with networking from the list of options. Then test basic hookup raising quickly issue can connect, then Probably any type of suitable basic 3rd celebration computer program example triggering basic problem such as muscular tissue firewall software as well anti software.
- The techniques listed above are known to solve the DNS server not responding error that you get in your computer. If you still couldn’t solve the problem then comment below by mentioning clinical techniques you tried and which you didn’t and I will try my most effectively various other assist issue out.