Dell Service Tag lookup & Dell express service code : The Service tag and Express code are two important set of details asked by customer support while you contact them for services. Its pretty evident sometimes as you can locate it in your machine itself.The other method is obtain them from DELL’s support page.
DELL has a support force that toils day in and out to provide the best customer experience. Kudos to them! It would be really helpful if we can provide them with the service tag of your machine to bring you an painless experience .There is one more method that gives you these useful set of characters. Those details can be drawn from your OS itself. Simply by following certain windows and Linux commands you can get hold of these characters.
- 1 Here is a Way To Check Dell Service Tag lookup & Dell express service code in Windows, linux
- 1.1 1.DELL Service Tag using remote desktop connection in Windows
- 1.2 2. Get DELL Service Tag on remote Linux system
- 1.3 3. Get DELL Express Service Code From Service Tag
Here is a Way To Check Dell Service Tag lookup & Dell express service code in Windows, linux
1.DELL Service Tag using remote desktop connection in Windows
Login to the Windows remote host using VNC or remote desktop connection. Now the command here is WMIC to get the service tag.
C:\>wmic csproduct get vendor,name,identifyingnumber
IdentifyingNumber Name Vendor
76DH162 Inspiron 5558 Dell Inc.
2. Get DELL Service Tag on remote Linux system
Login to the Linux remote-host using SSH. Use dmidecode on Linux to get service tag as shown below.
[remote-host]# <strong>dmidecode -s system-serial-number</strong>
3. Get DELL Express Service Code From Service Tag
Service Tag is a base-36 integer. Once you have the Service Tag, you can calculate express service code yourself. Express Service Code is base-10 decimal integer of Service Tag which is child’s play.
Dell’s automated support helpline uses the express service code to route the call to the most feasible support centres and agents across the globe. Also termed as support call routing,it strives to connect you to the most feasible solution provider to provide you with the solution based on your location.
You May Also Like To Read Other Articles
- Download & Install SiNful iPhone Repo for Free Cracked Apps
- How to Use Cydia Apps & Sources List + How to get cydia apps
- Dell Service Tag lookup
- TcpDump Command Examples Tutorial | A Network Sniffer Tool
- Top 10 Best IPhone Apps to Make Your Life Easier
- Most Frequently Used Linux Commands & Unix Commands