Having an Apple ID is a prerequisite to do just about anything related to Apple services. If you want to buy music on iTunes, download apps in the App Store, or use iCloud, you must have an Apple ID. App Store has over 1 million apps available for iOS devices. But to download the best selection of mobile apps and to explore world’s largest music store you must own an Apple ID. A few years ago, linking a credit card to an Apple account was Necessary. But Apple has changed its stance and has been letting users create an Apple ID without a credit card for a while now.
In this post i am going to show you how you can create Apple ID without credit card from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch , The same method also works when creating from iOS devices.
Note: that if you don’t link a credit card or other payment method to your Apple ID, you will obviously not be able to complete purchases, but you will however be able to download free content, such as free apps.
So here’s the step by step guide on Creating an Apple ID without credit card or other payment method from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
The following steps were performed on an iPhone, but the process is the same whether you use an iPod touch, an iPad, or even iTunes from your desktop computer.
[myinlink sub=”How to Fix the Error Establishing a Database Connection in WordPress” link=”http://devsgeek.us/fix-the-error-establishing-a-database-connection-in-wordpress/”]Fix the Error Establishing a Database Connection in WordPress[/myinlink]
- Make sure you are not signed in any Apple account. If you are, simply sign out.
2) Go to the App Store and look for any free application. The application doesn’t matter so just grab the first one you see.
Tap the “Free” button once. It will turn into an “Install” button. Tap it again to initiate the download. At this point, the App Store app will ask you to either sign into your account or create a new one. Select “Create New Apple ID.”
Now, App store application would present two options:
- Sign-in using existing account. Or,
- Create a new Apple account. Select “Create a New Apple ID” option.
3) Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your email id password and security question & answer.
- Note: To create your Apple ID without password, you need to use an email id that has never been used before with iTunes. If you don’t have such a virgin email id, then create one before continuing further.
[myinlink sub=”How to Manage Too Many Chrome Tabs Using Chrome Extension” link=”http://devsgeek.us/manage-many-chrome-tabs-using-chrome-extension/”]Too Many Chrome Tabs Using Chrome Extension[/myinlink]
4) Select your country or region, then tap Next.
5) Tap “Agree” twice to agree to the terms and conditions. you may first go through the terms and conditions, then agree to them.
6) Enter the required information to create your new account. This includes email address, password, date of birth, and a few security questions. Tap “Next” when you’re done. Make sure you use an email address that is not currently registered or was not previously used as an Apple ID. If necessary, create a new email address.
[myinlink sub=”The Simple Way To Block Windows 10 Upgrade On Windows 7″ link=”http://devsgeek.us/the-simple-way-to-block-windows-10-upgrade-on-windows-7/”]Simple Way To Block Windows 10 Upgrade On Windows 7[/myinlink]
7) On next screen, iTunes will ask you for billing information. Under this section, it is important that you select the option “None”. If you select any other option, you will be asked to enter your credit card detail – which is something that we don’t want.
8) Upon tapping the “Next” button, Apple will send you a confirmation email to the email address you provided. Check your emails and click the “Verify” link in the email Apple sent you, then log in using your newly created username (your email address) and password.
9) Vola!!! Your Apple id has been successfully created without any credit card. Finally, go back to the App Store application, and sign in your new account.
You can now go back to App store application on your iPhone & iPad and signin with your new Apple ID. You can install any free application from App store on your iPhone or iPad. However, if you attempt to download a paid application, App store will prompt you to enter your credit card details before allowing you install.
Important Note: If you are using family sharing feature or if you are the family organizer, then you cannot set the payment option to none. Apple mandates that credit card information is a must. If you want to download paid applications, you can update your payment information. You can also create an Apple ID for free without credit card even from iTunes from your desktop computer or laptop with the same process above.