- 1 How to move itunes library to external drive & Backup itunes to flash drive
- 2 How to transfer itunes library to new computer & Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive
- 2.1 Solution 1. Moving your iTunes library to an hard drive (backup itunes library)
- 2.2 Solution 2. Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive (from iTunes Media folder) Backup itunes to flash drive
- 2.3 Solution 3: Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive(from an iPod/iPad/iPhone)
- 2.4 Solution 4: Transferring an iTunes Library to an External Drive
- 2.5 Solution 5: Creating a home music server
How to move itunes library to external drive & Backup itunes to flash drive
Backup itunes to flash drive: Move an iTunes Library to an External Drive or USB Flash Stick We Know That Pendrive & Flashdrives are used to transfer data files between Pcs. Drives with enough storage space potential also work well to keep considerable quantities of information to source hard disk space on your pc for important applications and information. Using a usb drive produce for your iTunes choice makes it possible to easily shift your flash drive produce between pc and accessibility your iTunes selection from any pc. Shifting your media to a usb drive allows you to keep your playlists, scores and play record. Just make sure your usb flash drive is connected in before starting itunes backup on your pc.
[myinlink sub=”How to Run Android Apps on Windows PCs, Macs and BlackBerrys” link=”http://devsgeek.us/run-android-apps-on-windows-pcs-macs-and-blackberrys/”]Run Android Apps on Windows PCs, Macs and BlackBerrys[/myinlink]
If music occupies a large part of your life, chances are high that it also occupies a large part of your hard disk space. Most of the time, the space runs into several GBs and can have an adverse effect on other programs and system performance.One of the coolest things about the iTunes Music library is that you can have it anywhere, including external storage spaces. You can export your iTunes Music library to external HDDs, USB flash drives and other spaces.
[myinlink sub=”30 Best Free Cydia Tweaks for iOS 7, iOS 7.1.2, iOS 8 – iOS 8.4 Pangu Jailbreak for your iPhone” link=”http://devsgeek.us/30-best-free-cydia-tweaks-for-ios-7-ios-7-1-2-ios-8-ios-8-4-pangu-jailbreak-for-your-iphone/”]30 Best Free Cydia Tweaks for iOS 7, iOS 7.1.2, iOS 8 – iOS 8.4 Pangu Jailbreak for your iPhone[/myinlink]
Assuming you have an external USB drive or flash disk ready, let’s get started moving the iTunes collection over to it.
How to transfer itunes library to new computer & Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive
Solution 1. Moving your iTunes library to an hard drive (backup itunes library)
If you want to create on your computer course or create a backup, follow these simple steps within the current version of itunes library location:
- Go in the main iTunes menu to “Settings” and select “Advanced“. Make sure that these two boxes are checked: “iTunes Media folder automatically manage” and “Copy when adding to library files to iTunes Media folder“.
- On the same panel under “location of the iTunes Media” on “Change” and navigate to the new hard drive, for example, Backup Plus , and the folder where you want to move your iTunes data. Click OK”.
- Select and then “organize media library or itunes library file” under the “File” menu first “library“. Check the box “merge files” and click “OK”.
Done! Your current iTunes library was moved to the new hard drive and all new content (music, videos, etc.), which you can store in iTunes, can be downloaded to the new hard drive.
You may repeat Step no. 2 at any time and select a different location for your iTunes library or itunes music folder , for example, your computer or other external hard drive.
[myinlink sub=”How To Download and Install iOS 10 Beta OTA Update Without Developer Account” link=”http://devsgeek.us/download-and-install-ios-10-beta-ota-update/”]Download and Install iOS 10 Beta OTA Update Without Developer Account[/myinlink]
Solution 2. Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive (from iTunes Media folder) Backup itunes to flash drive
Whether you are familiar with iTunes or not, you should find Advanced Preferences for iTunes Library first.
- Launch iTunes and click Edit > Preference. Click Advanced tab. From the box, you can see two options: Keep iTunes Media folder organized and Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library.
- Click File > Library > Organize Library. In the Organize Library dialogue box, check “Consolidate files“.
- By doing what the above 2 steps say, all media files in iTunes Library are save in iTunes Media folder. And then you can go to the Media folder to copy all music to flash hard drive. Open Computer, click Music on the left side and open iTunes folder on the right side.
- From here, you can see a folder named as “iTunes Media“. Open it and you can see the Music folder. All your iTunes songs are saved here. Now you can copy the Music folder directly to the flash drive.
[myinlink sub=”Download iOS 10 Beta 2 & Install On iPhone 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod” link=”http://devsgeek.us/ios-10-beta-download-release-date-features-update/”]Download iOS 10 Beta 2 & Install On iPhone 6s, 6, Plus, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod[/myinlink]
Solution 3: Copy Music from iTunes to Flash Drive(from an iPod/iPad/iPhone)
An easy way to copy itunes music to flash drive with songs is to use Wondershare,TunesGo and one of your iPod, iPhone, or even iPad to get down to the task.
Step 1. Sync itunes music to iPod, iPhone or iPad
Connect your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with computer and launch iTunes. Click View > Show Sidebar. Click your device and click Music tab to sync all songs from iTunes to your device. And the reject your device.
Step 2. Launch TunesGo
- Download TunesGo and install it on your computer. Now both versions support iPhones, iPods, and iPads. To get more info, click here.
- TunesGo (Mac) doesn’t work properly with iPod touch 3. After launching TunesGo, your device will be detected.
Step 3. Transfer itunes music to flash drive
Click Media on the main window of TunesGo to reveal Music tab. All itunes music you’ve synced to your devices can be seen here. Select wanted ones and click “Export to My Computer” from “Export” drop-down list. In the newly window, find your flash drive and save these iTunes songs.
[myinlink sub=”How to Install and Configure SaltStack on An Ubuntu Server VPS” link=”http://devsgeek.us/install-configure-saltstack-ubuntu-server-vps-detailed-tutorial/”]Install and Configure SaltStack on An Ubuntu Server VPS[/myinlink]
Solution 4: Transferring an iTunes Library to an External Drive
This process will move the entire iTunes library to an external drive where it will retain it’s use but not take up primary internal disk space:
- Open iTunes and choose the “Advanced” tab
- Look under “iTunes Media folder location” to see the current location, select and copy that path
- Go to the Finder in OS X (or Windows Explorer if you’re on a PC) and navigate to the iTunes library file path, it’s usually at the following location on a Mac:
- Connect the external drive to copy the iTunes library to
- Looking at the ~/Music/iTunes/ folder, copy the “iTunes Media” folder onto the external drive with a drag and drop, let the file transfer finish before doing anything else.
- Now go back to iTunes and under “iTunes Media folder location” choose the “Change” button to select the new location.
- Navigate to the external drive you just connected and copied the library to, and select the newly copied “iTunes Media” folder, then choose “Open”
- Choose “OK” to confirm the selection of the new iTunes media folder.
[myinlink sub=”How to Backup & Transfer itunes Music Library to USB Flash Drive or Hard Disk” link=”http://devsgeek.us/backup-transfer-itunes-music-library-flash-drive/”]Backup & Transfer itunes Music Library to USB Flash Drive or Hard Disk[/myinlink]
Solution 5: Creating a home music server
If you have an extensive digital music collection and want to hear your music on any computer or device in your household, the establishment of a music server recommends. This is easier than I thought: Basically you copy your entire music collection on a computer with a large storage capacity, which allows you to transfer the music files on your other devices.
One of the best solutions for this task is a NAS (Network Attached Storage), You can copy your entire music files or videos, movies and other files on one of these disks and transfer the songs via Wi-Fi on any device.
[myinlink sub=”How to Install PlayStation Emulator On iOS 9,9.0.2,10 With RetroArch” link=”http://devsgeek.us/install-playstation-emulator-on-ios-99-0-210-with-retroarch/”]Install PlayStation Emulator On iOS 9,9.0.2,10 With RetroArch[/myinlink]